Financial Controller - Muncie, Indiana
Company: GKN Aerospace Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2020
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15
countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented
members with the skills and passions to become the best of the
future in what they do.
The Financial Controller independently performs assigned accounting
functions requiring the application of accounting principles and
practices for GKN Aerospace. Job Responsibilities
- Establishes, modifies, documents and coordinates the
implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Assist with the management of the annual budget and forecast
process: prepares schedules for the annual budget and periodic
forecasts and coordinate data entry of same; facilitates cash
management and forecasting activities.
- Consolidate monthly financial forecasts based on appropriate
review working with operations, and the program organization.
- Prepare and deliver month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing
- Performs balance sheet reviews and executes compliance
- Facilitates Reporting Unit(s) physical inventory count and
- Leads preparation for company internal and external audits with
answering questions, obtaining documentation and discussing issues
regarding a variety of accounting matters
- Monthly Sales, PLP, OPBI, Cash, and Inventory reconciliation
- Internal reporting and business analytics generation (Gold
Reporting, Flash Reporting, etc.)
- Standard pricing system management and corresponding variance
- Internal & External forecast projections including program and
product line roll-up
- Fixed asset admin with CapEx Tracking
- Weekly site status updates including analyzing impact(s)
- Maintain the integrity of business accounts and ledgers.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by
management to support the company's goals and objectives
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent experience
- 3+ years accounting or finance experience in a manufacturing
- Must be a U.S. Person.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred.
- Aerospace experience preferred.
- Experience in both cost and general accounting disciplines.
- Working knowledge of margin analysis.
- Experience developing rate structures.
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP)
and all related legislation and regulation.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, Access and
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and skills.
- Ability to create formal documents and conduct management
Required Core Competencies and Behaviors
Required Accounting Competencies and Skills
Required Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates
us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas
and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds,
with different skills and perspectives to spark originality,
imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed
to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against
any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race,
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: GKN Aerospace Inc, Muncie , Financial Controller - Muncie, Indiana, Accounting, Auditing , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!