Senior Financial Analyst - Plant
Company: Element Resources
Posted on: May 4, 2022
The Senior Financial Analyst is a key member of the plant's
leadership team, and the financial leadership of the entire plant.
Responsible for maintaining financial control procedures, systems
and standards as may be required for the proper performance of the
accounting function within the limits of approved company practice.
The Senior Financial Analyst is an active resource in keeping the
Plant Manager, Regional Controller, Plant Controller, and other
members of the staff apprised of deviations, analyzing performance
and bringing best practices to the plant. This position must have a
deep understand of the current plant performance and make
recommendations with quantifications to improve the financial
performance of this location. Responsibilities Close/Controls:
- Assist all financial functions within the manufacturing
facility including payroll, AP, purchasing, receiving, production,
shipping and inventory control. Validate accuracy of all P&L
and balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain/improve current control environment and company policy
- Safeguard company assets via routine cycle count program,
periodic physical inventory, and fixed asset controls.Coordinate
the preparation of capital expenditure requests (CERs) and actively
work with the CER project managers to quantify acceptable levels of
investment and financial returns. Monitor capital project spending
and be responsible for closing capital projects on a timely basis.
Maintain the integrity of the location's fixed asset ledger by
working with the shared services department.Performance Management:
- Work with Plant Controller and/or Regional Controller to
provide sound financial advice to achieve financial
- Work with all levels of plant and divisional personnel on
issues including budgeting, assessment of cost reduction
recommendations and comparison of actual results to plan.
- Develop, modify, and document record keeping and accounting
processes to ensure accuracy, transactional efficiencies, cost
effectiveness and conformance to company policies. Work with
stakeholders to implement positive changes.
- Prepare and enter journal entries during month end close.
- Provide monthly financial operating results, including variance
- Provide accurate monthly and quarterly forecasts of operating
expenses and CapEx to enable management proper allocation of
- Prepare and validate weekly forecast of current month's
- Monitor all spending and report monthly, quarterly and annual
results to management.
- Maintain "checkbook" approach to monitor expenses and hit
- Assist Plant Manager in evaluating performance and actions
necessary to improve results. Prepare ad hoc reports as
- Communicate closely with all department managers and
supervisors to ensure positive outcomes. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Accounting or
- Five or more years of professional experience in Accounting
and/or Finance with a company with multiple locations.
Alternatively, a minimum two years of financial/accounting
experiences in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the
- Demonstrated skill to analyze and present complex data in an
easy to understand format to non-financial stakeholders at all
levels of a manufacturing organization.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated high ethical behavior with unquestionable
integrity and character.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency working with ERP systems, J.D. Edwards and Hyperion
being a plus.Physical Demands: -
- Weekly visits to inside the containment building, which
requires applicable PPE, including a half face respirator. EEO
Statement Element Resources is an equal opportunity employer where
an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. About
Statement Element Resources () is one of the largest battery
recycling companies in the United States. -Recycling recovers 99%
of all lead received at our recycling centers. Every year we
recycle millions of pounds of lead and recover and neutralize
millions of gallons of sulfuric acid. -Our robust, highly
controlled recycling process is a critical part of our commitment
to environmental sustainability.
Keywords: Element Resources, Muncie , Senior Financial Analyst - Plant, Accounting, Auditing , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!