Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Company: Magna International Inc.
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Advancing mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter,
cleaner, and safer, while still fun to drive. And making it for
everyone. That's what we're passionate about at Magna Powertrain.
We do it by creating world-class powertrain solutions for
conventional, hybrid, and pure electric vehicles. We're making
electrification more than a buzzword, we're bringing it to the
road. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Dream
big and create the future of mobility at Magna Powertrain.
Defines and supports the processes required manufacture & assemble
drive train components in a low volume, flexible production
facility utilizing machining and assembly equipment and
* Documents the process, control plans, reaction plans, PFMEA, and
updates as required when new models are introduced.
* Support supplier quality and manufacturing during ongoing
production of new products and other critical periods.
* Confers with management, engineering, maintenance and other staff
regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and
other considerations to support a 3 shift manufacturing
* Utilizes problem solving techniques (8 step, design of
experiments, mistake proofing) Initiates, recommends or provides
solutions through designated channels.
* Creates & edits CNC programs as required.
* Support production with quality concerns in identifying root
cause, developing action plan and driving implementation.
* Assists plant layout in the placement of machinery and
participates in material handling strategies.
* Provides support to training activities for shop floor
* Supports Engineering in performing tool trials, capability
studies and develop standardize support documents
* Assist MEs with process routings for new launches and current
* Help develop Manufacturing Engineering Standards and
* Development of documentation control processes and procedures,
including part numbering, document/drawing processes, standards and
* May be expected to present designs and reports to engineering or
production personnel for approval and to discuss possible needs for
* Bachelor degree in engineering, engineering technology, or other
technical degrees, preferred
* Confident and capable of interfacing with corporate staff,
vendors, customers and employees
* Experience in the automotive industry with exposure to project
and maintenance experience, considered an asset
* Familiarity with robotic controls and programming
* Knowledge of presses, machining, material handling,
inspection/gauging, toolroom and metal finishing equipment is
considered an asset
* Possess a working knowledge of blueprint reading, basic measuring
techniques and CAD (preferably Solid Works or Draft Sight)
* Working knowledge of QS9000 / IATF 16949:2016 and ISO14001
* Trained in a method of team-oriented problem solving using
* Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability
to facilitate meetings, conduct training and to present information
in an advisory capacity.
* Must be able to communicate fluently in both written and spoken
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection
process are available upon request.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our
success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications,
and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in
particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender
identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information
seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to
comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Keywords: Magna International Inc., Muncie , Manufacturing Engineering Technician, Engineering , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!