Industrial Engineer II
Company: Shutterfly, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
At Shutterfly, we're all about people - bringing them together,
making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We
make our customers' memories last a lifetime by capturing,
preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized
products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products,
cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we
help our customers, and each other, share life's joy. Supporting a
diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only
because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our
Differences, but also because it's the right thing to do for our
business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
Provides support for the definition, implementation, management,
and evaluation of moderately complex manufacturing systems or
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Independently manage moderately complex projects associated with
the definition and optimization of core manufacturing production
control systems, including elements of process flow design, visual
management, product design, line balancing, device integration, and
* Work with, and periodically lead, cross functional teams to
collect information needed for new processes, feature requirements
for manufacturing platform systems, and recommendations for new
processes or workflows.
* Develop testing protocols and inspection criteria necessary to
drive feature testing and validation of initial requirements and
seasonal support initiatives.
* Troubleshoot production problems related to system failures and
identify corrective action
* Provide technical support to our manufacturing facilities for
* Develop and modify engineering documents (process flows, FMEA,
Standard Work, etc.) to communicate the technical requirements and
drive project deliverables.
* Collect and analyze production data to drive recommendations for
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
* Works with internal R&D and/or vendors to provide and improve
technology and business process solutions
* Works with system architects and developers to ensure accurate
interpretation of requirements and integration of production
* Identifies areas to increase revenue and reduce cost
* Establish training documentation and provide initial training for
* Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
* 2 to 5 years in production/process engineering, industrial
engineering, manufacturing management, production system
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
* Experience working in the printing/converting industry is
beneficial, especially related to digital press, dye sublimation,
and latex printing technologies.
* Experience with Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma.
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
The physical requirements described here must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the primary duties and
When performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to
sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist, balance,
reach, use hands and fingers to perform repetitive tasks and
assemble/disassemble equipment. The employee must be able to
frequently lift and move up to 15 pounds (and occasionally lift and
move up to 25 pounds).
Keywords: Shutterfly, Inc., Muncie , Industrial Engineer II, Engineering , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!