Documentation Engineering Assistant
Company: Magna International
Posted on: March 8, 2023
Job Number: 54076--Group: Magna Powertrain----Division:
Muncie--Job Type: Permanent/Regular--Location: MUNCIE--Group
IntroductionAdvancing mobility. Making automotive technology that
is smarter, cleaner, and safer, while still fun to drive. And
making it for everyone. That's what we're passionate about at Magna
Powertrain. We do it by creating world-class powertrain solutions
for conventional, hybrid, and pure electric vehicles. We're making
electrification more than a buzzword, we're bringing it to the
road. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Dream
big and create the future of mobility at Magna Powertrain.Role
- Assist Engineering Team with creating and editing documentation
such as Standardize work instructions and Detail work
instructions.-- Assist Team with preparing for Mafact and IATF
audits by creating/editing proper Engineering documentation. Key
- Assists Engineering with developing Standardized & Detail Work
Instructions for new launches and current processes--
- Making sure the process Blue Books have the correct Revision of
SWI & DWI posted in them.
- Maintain tracking sheet for ALL SWI & DWI for the plant.
- Teach--MasterTask,--Backup Trainer for Ergonomics Training and
Gage Training as needed.
- Assist ME's with editing product routing picture sheets for new
and current product launches.
- Assist ME's with creating Balloon Prints from customer provided
- Assist Team Engineering Team with creating/editing safety and
ergonomic documents as needed
- Complete the Monthly Engineering CI Report.
- Assist the Engineering Manager with the Engineering Team
- Assist and prepare for all VIP visits along with plant tours as
- Supports MAFACT, IATF, and other audits.
- Supports new Product Line Launches.
- Develop an approval, release and archiving process with
- Support staff and material schedules to meet customer
- Publish minutes of Periodic Engineering Group Meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Engineering
Manager and Management.
- Assist with editing/revising Engineering Standards and
- Support Engineering Team with capturing and documenting cycle
times as needed.
- Assist with daily Scrap Review meeting
- Prepare sketches of ideas, detailed drawings, illustrations,
and/or blueprints using AutoCAD as needed.
- Conduct LPA audits each week. Key Qualifications/Requirements
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.-- Secondary
- Must be proficient at using Microsoft Office software and
appropriate tools for implementing changes to documentation
(PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Must have proficient typing skills (30 words per minute
- Having technical writing abilities/experience is preferred
- Experience using design software such as AutoCAD and/or Solid
Works is preferred
- Must be able to communicate clearly in both written and oral
forms with other non-technical and technical team members.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and
adapt rapidly to changing situations.
- This position requires that the person be a highly organized
individual, who is self-motivated, and can work independently,
setting priorities without direct supervision.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints/ technical drawings is
preferred. Additional Information Awareness. Unity. Empowerment. At
Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our
success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications,
and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in
particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender
identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information
seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to
comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Keywords: Magna International, Muncie , Documentation Engineering Assistant, Engineering , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...