Quality Engineer - Muncie, Indiana
Company: GKN Aerospace Inc
Posted on: November 9, 2019
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15
countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented
members with the skills and passions to become the best of the
future in what they do.
Develops and implements product and quality systems and facilitates
corrective actions to ensure conformity with customer requirements.
Interfaces with customers as needed. Generally operates with
appreciable latitude for non-reviewed action and decision-making.
* Develops quality plans for parts processing and approval of
routers, and administers and maintains adherence to these
* Serves as liaison with manufacturing engineers to improve product
* Serves as technical quality contact with customers.
* Assists with the formulation of quality control policies and
procedures and recommends revisions of specifications when
* Identifies and resolves manufacturing quality problems, and
assists manufacturing personnel with the interpretation of complex
part prints and specifications.
* Maintains all material testing plans for customer compliance, and
develops testing plans for raw materials.
* Develops a fully compliant quality folder, and administers
compliance and audit work, workstations, and aerospace and forging
* Provides assistance with the quality process to inspectors and
* Communicates and corresponds with customers, suppliers,
employees, and management within the company regarding quality
issues, problems, and complaints.
* All other duties as assigned by manager
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Aerospace, Mechanical,
Material) or a degree in quality.
* U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance
and site SSA requirements.
* In depth knowledge of NDT processes and familiarity with the
following: welding; heat treating and forging of aerospace alloys;
non-destructive testing; shot peening; coordinate measuring
machines; inspection methods; and measuring and test equipment.
* Proficient in the use of personal computers, blueprint reading,
geometric tolerances, and application of SPC to part
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates
us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas
and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds,
with different skills and perspectives to spark originality,
imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed
to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against
any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race,
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: GKN Aerospace Inc, Muncie , Quality Engineer - Muncie, Indiana, Engineering , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!