Assistant Manager, Operations
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 14, 2023
OverviewElement Resources operates one of the leading Battery
Recycling facilities in the country and has been a mainstay in the
Muncie community for over 30 years. Did you know that batteries are
the most recycled product in the world with a more than 99 percent
recycling rate? Element provides an essential supply of recycled
products to America's battery manufacturers to produce high
quality, top performing batteries to power cars, trucks and
forklifts, which are vital to keeping our country's supply chain
running.To achieve the established production goals, while ensuring
quality level of the product. This position can be responsible for
the work of Supervisors directly and employees indirectly. Plan,
schedule, and supervise all operational functions, including
Environmental & Maintenance at the Garfield Recycling Facility to
meet and exceed production, maintenance and environmental
requirements at the minimum operating cost.Qualified candidates
must be a self starter with proven leadership and communication
skills and will possess the ability to work with individuals from
varied backgrounds, skills, and education levels to complete
projects in an efficient and organized manner.Work schedule will be
11pm - 7am, Monday - FridayResponsibilitiesTo perform this job
successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Maintain safe working conditions and practices. Operate the
facility in a manner that is consistent and in compliance with all
federal and state regulations, i.e. OSHA, EPA, TCEQ, etc.
- Oversees the availability of materials, flow of supplies, and
manpower in all production and finishing areas to ensure the
achievement of daily production and shipping goals.
- Document and communicate issues that caused the department to
not meet each goal, including root cause and corrective
- Involvement and assist with process re-engineering.
- Oversee Standard of Work in all departments.
- Use continuous improvement tools such as Lean, 5S, and Six
- Inspect each process to reduce scrap and salvage cost, machine
downtime, and to ensure finished quality production.
- Prepare various reports; attend meetings, etc. to promote open
communication between plant personnel.
- Assist subordinates in the accomplishment of their business
objectives and in their efforts to develop themselves technically
- Evaluate Area Supervisors' performance and periodically review
results with them; assist them to meet objectives, performance
standards, quality, housekeeping, and all areas of their
- Periodically check all documentation, including Production,
Safety and Maintenance.
- Generate and implement ideas leading to cost reduction and
product or process improvement.
- Supervise the operation and support each department including
Furnaces, Refining, Breaker, Maintenance and Environmental. This
includes scheduling furnace operations and refining to meet
production requirements with quality products. Input issues and
repair requests into the plant Maintenance software.
- Collaborate with the Maintenance Manager and Operations Manager
on periodic plant rebuilds, routine maintenance planning and to
improve equipment availability.
- Collaborate with the Environmental & Safety Manager (s) on all
matters concerning federal and state regulatory authorities, i.e.
permits, notice of violations, etc.
- Collaborate with the Quality Manager on all matters associated
with product quality.
- Assist in preparing required plans, forecasts, records and
reports to establish budgets to meet plant financial requirements
and measure effectiveness. Qualifications SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND
- 4 year degree in a Manufacturing or Engineering related
discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Eight - ten years of manufacturing operations experience and
management experience preferably in a highly environmentally
regulated pyro-metallurgical or material processing based
- Prior experience with unionization preferred.
- Lean or Six Sigma training strongly preferred.
- Intermediate computer knowledge in Windows environment
including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with
good interpersonal skills preferred. LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the
duties of this job, the employee will be frequently exposed to
fumes, dust, airborne particles, and extreme heat and humidity.
Significant time will be required in the manufacturing facility,
where additional exposure is likely. Noise levels in the
manufacturing facility are usually high.All employees are required
to wear full face respirators inside the manufacturing facility.
Qualified candidates must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, and
climb with minimal effort. EEO StatementElement Resources is an
equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are
considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
basis prohibited by law.About StatementElement Resources () is one
of the largest battery recycling companies in the United States.
Recycling recovers 99% of all lead received at our recycling
centers. Every year we recycle millions of pounds of lead and
recover and neutralize millions of gallons of sulfuric acid. Our
robust, highly controlled recycling process is a critical part of
our commitment to environmental sustainability.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Muncie , Assistant Manager, Operations, Executive , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!