Wound Care Nurse
Company: Bethel Pointe Health and Rehabilitation
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Overview:Bethel Pointe is looking for a Wound Care Nurse to join
If you are looking for a career that can make a difference, then
Bethel Pointe Health and Rehabilitation is the place for you. Our
work family is made up of a variety of talented and committed team
members who are dedicated to making a difference in the lives they
serve. Each employee contributes their unique skills and abilities
with the key goal of enabling our residents to reach and maintain
their highest functional abilities. Every job matters at Bethel
Pointe Health and Rehabilitation.
As a Registered Nurse in our facility, look at what benefits you
- Competitive starting wage with additional pay for
- $1,000 new employee referral program
- Sign-on bonus up to $10,000 dollars FT
- Paid life insurance
- 401k opportunities after your first year
- DailyPay! Work today, get paid today!
- Monthly Celebrations and recognitions
- Medical, Vision and Dental InsuranceNew and Improved Benefits
- $5,000 Tuition Reimbursement Per Year
- $40,000 Student Loan Assistance Program
- Quarterly Wage Increases
- Quarterly Attendance Bonus Program
Responsibilities:The Wound Care Nurse is responsible for the
facilies infection prevention and control program (IPCP), and wound
prevention program, which is designed to provide a safe, sanitary,
and comfortable environment and to help prevent the development of
wounds and transmission of communicable diseases and infections.
- Creating a system for preventing, identifying, reporting,
investigating, and controlling infections, skin breakdown, and
communicable diseases for all residents, staff, volunteers,
visitors, and other individuals providing;
services under a contractual arrangement based upon the facility
assessment... and following accepted
- Following standard and transmission-based precautions to be
followed to prevent spread of infections such as when and how
isolation should be used for a resident. The type and duration of
the isolation, depending upon the infectious agent or organism
involved, and a requirement that the isolation should be the least
restrictive possible for the resident under the circumstances.
- Creating a system for recording incidents identified under the
facility's IPCP and the corrective actions taken by the
- Partnering with facility leaders, physicians, and local, state,
and national agencies on activities related to infection
- Conduct outbreak investigations and report possible incidents
to local, state or national agencies as required;
- Reviewing new residents and completing initial skins
assessments, and assessing treatment plans;
- Participating in a clinical review during morning meeting to
identify changes in condition such as mobility, continence,
decreases in appetite, weight loss, acute illness, etc.
Implementing a new Braden scale with new preventions interventions
with a change in condition;
- Obtaining weekly wound measurements and documenting assessment
findings including date, location, stage, length, width and depth
of the wound, color of the wound, surrounding tissue, drainage and
wound healing progress for pressure ulcers and all other
- Making daily rounds to observe and monitor that prevention
interventions are implemented;
- Monitoring for good infection control techniques during
dressing changes and doing rounds with other nurses to
observe;IND123Qualifications:Registered Nurse (RN) Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and possess a valid
RN or LPN license in good standing according to State and Federal
- Have a thorough understanding of the principles of safe
effective nursing practices within the State of employment.
- Basic Computer knowledge and skills.
- A passion for caring for people.
- Personal integrity and the ability to deal tactfully with
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies and other
- The ability to be discrete and protect the integrity of
confidential information and stay within Compliance and HIPAA.
- Knowledge on the use of personal computers, Word and Excel, and
working with office machines such as fax and copying machines.
Keywords: Bethel Pointe Health and Rehabilitation, Muncie , Wound Care Nurse, Healthcare , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!