Occupational Therapist - OT
Company: Creative Health Solutions, LLC
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Overview:We are excited to be adding another OTR to our current
team in Muncie in a full time capacity! Our new therapy gym and
private suites have created the need for us to create an
opportunity for an additional person to join our CHS family.This is
a great opportunity for a professional like YOU to join a team that
goes the extra mile!
We welcome all qualified candidates to apply!Please contact Daren
at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional
information or would like to network for the future!
Occupational Therapist Overview:The Occupational Therapist
evaluates and treats patients through use of therapeutic procedures
designed to address deficits in self-care skills and abilities to
perform tasks in daily living and work environments and to improve
independence, safety, and quality of life. The Occupational
Therapist ensures quality, efficient occupational therapy is
provided to patients by managing the delivery of care throughout
the course of treatment and delegating appropriate components of
care to the Occupational Therapy Assistant under his/her
supervision. The Occupational Therapist participates as a member of
the interdisciplinary team providing support and information within
the area of occupational therapy.Responsibilities:Occupational
- Review available patient information and evaluate the impact of
this information on the assessment and treatment process.
- Conducts and documents a thorough functional assessment of the
patient utilizing standardized procedures. Includes home/vocational
and equipment needs.
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on
patient needs and containing achievable functional goals.
- Revise treatment plans, as needed, throughout the treatment
- Completes documentation in accordance with applicable federal
and state laws and applicable standards and administrative and
- Provides supervision to Assistants in accordance with
applicable State Practice Act guidelines.
- Reports to work as scheduled.
- Orient patients to program services and treatment procedures
appropriate to their needs. Inform patients of any potential risk
during any procedure.
- Communicates with nursing staff, patient and families to ensure
effective care delivery.
- Establish and instruct patient and family/other caregiver in
exercises and therapeutic procedures to be continued following
- Assist in the referral process when a patient requires
additional services following discharge. Maintain current knowledge
of community resources.
- Consistently records outcome scoring data
- Master of Science degree in Occupational Therapy or Bachelor of
Science degree in Occupational Therapy and five years of direct
- Current license or eligible for license under statutes in the
state of practice.
- Demonstrates competency in applying the principles, methods,
materials and equipment used in Occupational Therapy to the patient
population served by this facility.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Adequate computer skills in order to complete required job
duties and computerized documentation.
- Demonstrate ability to assess patient needs and develop and
implement a comprehensive plan of care.
- Strong organizational skills in order to effectively maintain
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Requires creativity as well as the ability to work
Keywords: Creative Health Solutions, LLC, Muncie , Occupational Therapist - OT, Healthcare , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!