Speech Language Pathologist
Company: Indiana Homecare Network - Muncie
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Company Overview: The Speech Therapist (SLP, ST) in Home Health
is responsible for the assessment and evaluation of patient care
needs related to treating speech and language disorders, and
functional training in communication, swallowing, and cognitive
impairments. Based on this assessment and evaluation, the Speech
Therapist works to help determine a treatment plan, performs
interventions aimed at improving and enhancing the patient's
well-being, and evaluates the patient's progress. ---- Excellent
Pay & Benefits
--- 1:1 Patient Care
--- Flexibility to Create Your Own Schedule
--- Career Advancement Opportunities
--- Tuition Reimbursement
--- Great Culture - join our family! -Indiana Homecare Network, a
part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for
hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and
hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services,
we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients
to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose: -It's all about helping people. - Essential
- Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by
the state laws governing the practice of speech therapy, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other
members of the health care team.
- Evaluates the patient's level of function by applying
diagnostic and prognostic functional ability tests. Assists the
physician in the development of the therapy plan of care.
- Treats patients to communicate effectively by expressing
thoughts according to the patient's condition using acceptable
standards of practice.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and/or
physician the patient's response to treatment and changes in the
- Instructs the patient, the family and/or caregiver and other
members of the health care team in areas of speech therapy in which
they can participate.
- Visits patient according to plan of treatment, completes a
progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the ST plan of
care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of
evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to
supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- Provides in-services to agency staff upon request of
- Sends the supervising nurse and/or the physician a written
summary report on patient's condition at least every 60 days.
Education & Experience: License Requirements
- Must be currently licensed in Speech Therapy in the state of
- Current CPR certification required.
- Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and
access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation. - -Equal
Opportunity Employer - vets, disability. -Must be fully vaccinated
or be willing to complete full vaccination by date of hire and
proof of vaccination will be required. - If permitted by state law,
the company will consider requests for religious or medical
Keywords: Indiana Homecare Network - Muncie, Muncie , Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!