Speech Language Pathologist (Home Health)
Company: Indiana Homecare Network - Muncie
Posted on: October 10, 2019
The Speech Therapist (ST, SLP) in Home Health is responsible for
the assessment and evaluation of patient care needs related to
treating speech and language disorders, and functional training in
communication, swallowing, and cognitive impairments. Based on this
assessment and evaluation, the Speech Therapist works to help
determine a treatment plan, performs interventions aimed at
improving and enhancing the patient's well-being, and evaluates the
Indiana Homecare Network in Muncie, a part of LHC Group, is the
preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and
families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term
acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about
- Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by
the state laws governing the practice of speech therapy, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other
members of the health care team.
- Evaluates the patient's level of function by applying
diagnostic and prognostic functional ability tests. Assists the
physician in the development of the therapy plan of care.
- Treats patients to communicate effectively by expressing
thoughts according to the patient's condition using acceptable
standards of practice.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and/or
physician the patient's response to treatment and changes in the
- Instructs the patient, the family and/or caregiver and other
members of the health care team in areas of speech therapy in which
they can participate.
- Visits patient according to plan of treatment, completes a
progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the ST plan of
care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of
evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to
supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- Provides in-services to agency staff upon request of
- Sends the supervising nurse and/or the physician a written
summary report on patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of
services to all patients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be currently licensed in Speech Therapy in the state of
- Current CPR certification required.
- Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and
access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Indiana Homecare Network - Muncie, Muncie , Speech Language Pathologist (Home Health), Healthcare , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!