Adjunct Faculty-Beverage Management
Company: Ivy Tech Community College
Posted on: March 8, 2023
Adjunct Faculty-Beverage Management
Job no: 509497
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Muncie, IN
Categories: Adjunct Faculty
General Description of Position:
Ivy Tech Community College is a community based technical college
which places primary emphasis on excellence in the classroom
instruction. Faculty members are expected to demonstrate and
maintain competence in each of the following areas throughout their
employment at the college
- Mastery of Subject Matter
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of the field or
- Display an ability to interpret and evaluate theories in the
field or discipline.
- Connect subject matter with related fields.
- Stay current in subject matter through professional
- Teaching Performance
- Plan and organize instruction in ways which maximize student
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies.
- Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies
to meet diverse student's needs.
- Employ available instructional technology when
- Encourage the development of communication skills and higher
order thinking skills through appropriate assignments.
- Communicate subject matter to students.
- Contribute to the selection and development of instructional
- Support classroom efforts to promote student success.
- Evaluation of Student Learning
- Establish and adhere to learning objectives.
- Develop evaluation methods which fairly measure student
progress toward objectives.
- Evaluate and return student work to promote maximum
- Maintain accurate records of student progress.
- Submit final grade rosters, grade books and attendance rosters
to division administrators each semester according to established
- Support of College Policies and Procedures
- Meet scheduled classes in accordance with college
- Prepare, distribute and submit syllabi approved course outlines
for all assigned sections in accordance with program and divisional
- Maintain confidentiality of student information.
- Exercise stewardship of College facilities and materials.
- Participation in College, Division and Program Activities
- Respond, in a timely fashion, to information requests from
College, division and program administrators.
- Contribute, when appropriate, to program and division
curriculum development processes. Attend program, divisional and
College meetings and events as feasible.
- Contribution to the Growth and Enhancement of College Mission
- Maintain familiarity with College goals, mission and long-range
- Contribute to planning and development processes where
A qualified faculty member teaching HOSP 151, 152, 153, 251 and 253
meets the course standard through two routes:
- Possesses an Alcohol, Tobacco Commission (ATC) current server
permit, a minimum of 3 years industry experience in alcoholic
beverage service and management, and
- Hold certification in at least one of the following:
- Certified Sommelier, Advanced Sommelier, or Master Sommelier
from the Court of Master Sommelier
- Certified Specialist of Wine, Certified Specialist of Spirits
or Certified Wine Educator from the Society of Wine
- Level II, Level III, or Certified Instructor from International
- Certified Cicerone or Master Cicerone from Cicerone
Team Ivy Referral:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Position will be hired in Fall of 2022
Advertised: 08 Feb 2022 US Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Keywords: Ivy Tech Community College, Muncie , Adjunct Faculty-Beverage Management, Hospitality & Tourism , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...