Company: Progress Rail Services
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Following written and visual instructions, Assemblers use
electrical and mechanical knowledge and skills to assemble
locomotive parts and components. Operations include wiring,
mechanical assembly, fabricating, and repair work.
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling
stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of
products and services to domestic and international railroad
customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive
cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or
is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and
engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure
customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and
innovative team members work together to address the challenges of
the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part
of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every
member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters
in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve
customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the
world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow
us @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Education / Training
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Key Job Elements
- Run wiring throughout cab unit and underframe;
- Measure, cut, and lug wires to proper length;
- Evaluate continuity of wires and cables;
- Fit, assemble, connect and install system components;
- Use stripping and crimping pliers, voltmeters, jigs,
measurement instruments, hand and power tools;
- Align major components;
- Assist welders with prep, repair, and grinding weld
- Mask locomotives for paint;
- Utilize computer to access instructional documents.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, wire running lists,
- Ability to use various hand and power tools and measuring
- Ability to work in a Windows environment to look up assembly
- Safety- and quality-focused;
- Continuous improvement-oriented.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National
Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and
affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package*
including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match,
available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along
with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation
assistance may be available for some positions.
- Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment
status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Keywords: Progress Rail Services, Muncie , Assembler III, Other , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!