Date: May 28, 2021
Location: Muncie, IN, US
Company: GKN Aerospace Careers
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15
countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference,
talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of
the future in what they do.
- Ensuring the delivery of the manufacturing process/product
audit objectives (when acting as the Lead Auditor), ensuring
adequate preparation for the conduct of the audit criteria against
the local audit plan
- Within the specific audit criteria for gathering of appropriate
audit evidence, recommendations and thus preparing the audit and
distributing the audit report and conducting the audit follow
- For the evaluation of the audit evidence, non-conformities
recommendations / opportunities for improvement and for the
communication of subsequent recommendations, including risk
identification to the BMS/QMS Manager;
- Provide planning and hosting of external 2nd and 3rd party
audits including support to follow up activity support (e.g
RCCA/NCR/OASIS) integrity management.
- Bachelor's degree -OR- in lieu of degree, 3 years of experience
in a quality assurance role.
- 1+ years of Quality auditing experience in a manufacturing
environment (APQP) preferably aerospace/automotive
- GKN Experience.
- Ability to read micrometers and calipers.
- Good mechanical aptitude and basic math skills.
- Understand the principles of metallurgy, combustion and heat
- Proficient in MS office products.
- Proficient in some type of ERP software preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team
oriented, and ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities
and communication styles.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Excellent attention to detail and work independently.
- Experiencing working with the principles of auditing as
described in ISO 19011, NADCAP, and/or AS9100
- Demonstrable experience in Practical Problem Solving (PPS) and
Root Cause and Corrective Actions (RCCA) Techniques in order to
provide effective audit follow up /closure assessments
- Understanding of the content and application of the IAQG / EAQG
ISO Standards and IAQG SCMH;
- Demonstrable domain knowledge of Aviation Regulators (EASA, FAA
etc.) & contracted customer quality requirements
- An effective and clear communicator with experience in MS
- Work well under limited supervision and able to make fact based
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what
differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new
ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different
backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark
originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are
committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment
against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Muncie
Nearest Secondary Market: Anderson