Part-Time Sales Teammate
Company: The Buckle
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Summary Urgently Hiring At Buckle, we target enthusiastic,
ambitious individuals, who enjoy fashion and possess strong
communication skills to become Sales Teammates. As a Sales
Teammate, you'll become a valuable contributor to the retail team
by driving sales, building relationships, and helping to fulfill
our Mission "To create the most enjoyable shopping experience
possible for our Guests." Additionally, Sales Teammates perform a
variety of retail sales, merchandising and operational tasks
assigned by Store Management (e.g. cashiering, merchandise display
and pulls, register procedures, and routine cleaning of
facilities). Part-time jobs at Buckle offer flexible scheduling,
generous discounts, and a great place to develop the skills that
will allow you to succeed both personally and professionally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities This description intends to
describe the general nature and level of work performed by
Teammates assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all
duties, responsibilities and qualifications. To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Sales Generation and Guest Service * Greet Guests with a
friendly, engaging attitude, and is consistently prepared to
provide legendary service to each Guest.
* Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
* Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on
Guest needs and desires.
* Anticipate and fulfill Guest's needs by suggesting additional
items and creating a wardrobing experience.
* Demonstrate product utilizing product knowledge and sales
education, consistently sharing that knowledge and education with
* Maintain and share knowledge of current sales and promotions,
policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security
* Remain consistent on personal sales, as well as looking for
opportunities to impact Teammates' presentations with the Sales
Presentation Guide (SPG) .
* Achieve personal sales-per-hour, average sales and total net
sales goals set by Store Management.
* Provide legendary service throughout the store in these top four
areas: Front 5, sales floor, fitting rooms, and the register
* Help Guests try on or fit merchandise.
* Check out and bag purchases.
* Prepare merchandise for alterations.
* Knowledgeable of all exchange and return procedures for Guests
and exhibit the ability to turn into a showmanship opportunity.
* Fill out and effectively use the Sales Presentation Guide (SPG)
daily to accomplish goals.
* Meets or above performance standards in all Buckle business
builders and guest loyalty including fit appointments, Buckle
credit card and guest connect.
* Place Special Orders or call other stores to find desired
* Maintain and build good Guest relationships to develop a client
* Develop and maintain knowledge of Buckle's customer service
expectations in order to meet the needs of every Guest.
* Consistently perform leadership actions and maintain high
standards, whether or not the Manager is present. Teammate
Recruiting, Training and Development * Consistently recognize
recruiting opportunities by utilizing Jobs & Careers cards, email
referrals and Teammate Recommend.
* Create relationships through Guest Loyalty and Guest
* Maintain a professional and respectful attitude at all times
creating a positive floor culture. Visual Merchandise Management *
Present merchandise in a manner that will maximize sales and
achieve optimum merchandise turn.
* Stay current on product range.
* Work with other Teammates and Guests to identify product
improvements, new product ideas and new product feedback.
* Ensure sales floor is consistently sized and new freight is
appropriately displayed. Operations * Ability to work a flexible
schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, and weekends, and
the day of/day after Thanksgiving and Christmas, based upon store
and business needs.
* Open and close cash registers, use magnetic card readers, perform
tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and
vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
* Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how
to prevent or handle these situations.
* Follow all Loss Prevention guidelines, including daily bag and
* Develop and maintain knowledge of Point of Sale ("POS")
* Understand and execute all policies regarding payments, exchanges
and Loss Prevention practices.
* Perform merchandising tasks, such as handling freight,
re-merchandising, preparing displays, completing price markdowns,
* Consistently maintain a clean, organized and shoppable store to
fulfill Buckle's mission statement.
* Provide feedback to Store Manager and Leadership Team regarding
merchandise handling concerns.
* Communicate any policy violations and Teammate or Guest concerns
to Store Manager, District Manager, and/or Human Resources in a
timely, confidential manner.
* Understand and apply the Buckle's Code of Ethics and all Buckle's
policies, procedures, and handbooks.
* Fulfill mission statement by performing job duties with a high
level of customer service while contributing to a positive team
* Special projects and other duties as assigned. Supervisory
Responsibilities This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience No prior experience or training
required. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by a Teammate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this Job, the Teammate is regularly required to
stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands
and arms; climb or balance and jump; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
and talk or hear. The Teammate is occasionally required to sit.
Physical ability to lift and maneuver 30lbs throughout the store
and backroom. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work
Environment While performing the duties of this job, the Teammate
regularly works in a retail store. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. Equal Employment Opportunity
Buckle is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified
Teammates from the available workforce in the communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a
fundamental principle at Buckle, where employment is based upon
personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination and
retaliation because of veteran status, uniformed service member
status, race, color, national origin or ancestry, creed, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical
conditions), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental
disability, genetic information (including characteristics and
testing), or any other protected characteristic as established by
applicable local, state, or federal law. For state specific
information, refer to the State Law Supplements found on the
Teammate Center, under Human Resources.
Keywords: The Buckle, Muncie , Part-Time Sales Teammate, Other , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!