Property Field Claims Adjuster (Indianapolis, IN)
Company: American Family Insurance
Posted on: September 9, 2023
At American Family Insurance Claims Services (AFICS, Inc.),
we're embarking on a transformation of our claims capabilities to
put customers at the center of what we do best - protecting and
restoring their dreams when they need us most.
We're using our expertise, technology and new ways of working to
reinvent one of America's largest industries-creating positive
impact that empowers our customers, communities, and company to
succeed. We are problem solvers who ask important questions and
handle challenges big and small. Together, we change what's
expected of insurance.
Job Family Summary
You will investigate and maintain property claims. Determine
liability, secure information, reviews coverages, arrange
appraisals, and settle claims. You will work in the field and
report to the Property Claim Manager.
You will work in the field and handle homeowner property field
claims typically within 1-2 hours of Indianapolis. You must be
located within 40 miles to the north of Indianapolis. A company
fleet vehicle is provided with the position.Compensation
Minimum:$52,300 / yearCompensation Maximum:$83,800 / year
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic
work location. Responsibilities:
- Investigate origin and cause of claims by contacting the
appropriate parties including insureds, claimants, agents,
attorneys, contractors, experts, special investigation unit, other
adjusters, public personnel, etc
- Identify complex issues and looks for assistance. Handle claims
on a good faith basis.
- Handle both 1st party and 3rd party claims under multiple
policies types and numerous endorsements.
- Conduct on-site inspections when needed, evaluates damages, and
handles claim negotiations with insureds, claimants, attorneys,
- Respond to customer inquiries, makes appropriate decisions and
- Interpret and determine policies, leases, by-laws,
declarations, articles and contract coverages and applies to all
parties for assigned losses.
- Provide all parties with claim process and status; answers
questions or redirect to other areas.Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service.
- Demonstrated experience handling 1st and 3rd party, multi-line
claims across our operating territories, or other equivalent
- Demonstrated experience handling moderately complex claims, or
other equivalent experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of policies and endorsements
related to casualty coverages, or other equivalent knowledge.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of each phase of the claim
handling process, or other equivalent knowledge. Physical Demands
- This position requires the ability to climb or balance between
1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to work with distance vision
(clear vision at 20 feet or more) for extended periods of time
(applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl between 1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds
between 1 and 33% of the time. Working Conditions
- This position requires the ability to work in high, precarious
places between 1 and 33% of the time.
- This position requires the ability to work with exposure to
outside weather conditions between 66 and 100% of the time (applies
to field position only).Travel Requirements
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if
- Catastrophe specific roles requires travel up to 75% if the
time .Education & Licenses
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving
- Obtain state specific property casualty claims licensing as
- Familiarity with Xactimate strongly preferred
- Property field claims experience preferred
- Construction, restoration, or mitigation experience
- Bilingual skills preferredOther:
- Internal candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of
location and will be considered based on the needs of the
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the
results of applicable background checks
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a
non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade
secrets, and inventions
- Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing
employment sponsorship (visa) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship
will not be considered for this position
- The candidate(s) selected for this role will be employed by
AFICS, Inc. (American Family Insurance Claims Services, Inc.), an
affiliate of American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.On
occasion you may be asked to travel to an office location for in
person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and
culture events. We provide benefits that support your physical,
emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to
comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that
enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive
401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, 9 paid
holidays and a paid time off program (23 days accrued annually for
full-time employees). In addition, our student loan repayment
program and paid-family leave are available to support our
employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are
not eligible for American Family Insurance Group benefits. We are
an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to comply with all
applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to
non-discrimination, non-harassment and equal opportunity. We also
consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent
with applicable federal, state and local law. We encourage you to
apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements listed above.
Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and
professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of
requirements will capture. We encourage those who are passionate
about what we do to apply!
Keywords: American Family Insurance, Muncie , Property Field Claims Adjuster (Indianapolis, IN), Other , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!