Senior Maintenance Specialist & Relief Treatment Plant Operator
Company: American Water
Posted on: May 4, 2022
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is
vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an
environment where differences are embraced and where every person
feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE:AWK) is
the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded
water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than
6,400 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and
regulated-like drinking water and wastewater services to an
estimated 14 million people in 25 states. American Water provides
safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our
customers to help keep their lives flowing. For more information,
visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter , Facebook
and LinkedIn .
Indiana American Water - Munice where we know just how important
water is to daily life. It's somehow involved in everything thing
we do, everything we use. When you need it, you expect it to be
there - and you expect it to be clean and safe.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions
about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices,
all employees are required to report their vaccination status.
Responsible for plant maintenance and operations, analyzing water
samples and making needed adjustments.
- Performs plant maintenance and relief operations which include
- Electrical, pump and motor maintenance, chlorinators and
chemical feed equipment.
- Calibration of process control equipment and
- Receiving and unloading chemical deliveries.
- Facility maintenance and snow/ice removal. Valve maintenance
- Operates backhoe, forklift and company vehicles.
- Walks to the carbon feed room.
- Must walk up/down flights of stairs with railing.
- Must wear appropriate safety apparel. Open door to hopper 3#.
Lifts 50# bag of powdered activated carbon from pallet. can be
stacked from 6" to 53" high.
- Trunk flexion and/or squatting, forward reaching, lifting from
floor to waist height.
- Can use pallet jack to raise pallet height so that all lifting
is done at waist height.
- Pushing down on pallet jack handle.
- Uses utility knife to open bags.
- Lift door back into position 3#. Tools used: gloves, apron,
respirator, utility knife, pallet jack, electrical and process
meters, computer, hand tools and power tools.
- Performs cleaning daily as needed which include the
- Responsible for cleaning lab and computer area.
- This task requires standing, walking and going up/down
Additional Key Accountabilities
- Must walk up/down flight of stairs.
- Sampling performed from wet lab.
- Tools used sample bottles.
- Analyzes samples occasionally on a daily basis which include
- Works standing at lab table 36" high.
- Constant standing with occasional walking short distances.
- May have to reach overhead to obtain glassware from shelving
(weighs less than 2#) May have to side bend with trunk flexion
and/or squat to obtain items from lower shelving.
- Pours samples into beakers, wrist deviation, shoulder flexion
- Pours packets into samples and swirls beakers to mix.
- Gripping with wrist deviation.
- Places samples into analyzers and pushes buttons to start.
- This task may require neck flexion, trunk flexion and once
- Tools used: measuring devices (beakers, test tubes), forward
- May lift a full water pitcher 10# to fill equipment analyzers,
- Measures the level of chemical bulk tanks which include the
- Climbs ladder on the outside of the tank.
- Readings from level indicators are obtained. Neck flexion,
- Tools used: ladder
Additional Key Accountabilities
- Sweeps and mops the floor.
- Trunk and neck flexion, trunk rotation and gripping of handle,
elbow flexion and extension.
- Seated task which includes data entry and uses mouse and
keyboard to turn pumps on and off.
- Fine motor coordination task and slight neck flexion and
rotation to look at the computer screens.
- Tools used are computer, mouse and keyboard, adjustable office
chair and keyboard tray.
- Performs sample collection occasionally on a daily basis which
include the following: Walks outside in all weather conditions to
- Washes glassware in the lab-slight trunk flexion, grip,
material handling less than 5#.
- May squat or reach overhead to put away glassware.
- Shovels walkway and steps as needed.
- May be walking on slippery surfaces.
- Tools used are cleaning supplies, mop, broom and shovel.
- Occasionally on a daily basis uses a computer which include the
- Valid, active state drivers license required and ability to
pass motor vehicle background check.
- Must obtain Indiana Department of Environmental Water Treatment
Level 5 (WT5) after two testing periods.
- Approximate timeline to complete license is 2-years.
- Champions safety
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer obsessed
- Drives Results
- Nimble learning
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing---
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and
applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion,
marital status, citizenship, or because they arean individual with
a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by
federal, state, and local laws.
Keywords: American Water, Muncie , Senior Maintenance Specialist & Relief Treatment Plant Operator, Professions , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!