Shipping and Receiving - Muncie, IN
Company: GKN Aerospace Services
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Date: Apr 24, 2022 Location: Muncie, IN, US Company: GKN
Aerospace Careers About Us GKN Aerospace is the world's leading
multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing
locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world's
aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture
innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies
are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle
aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business
jets and the world's advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity GKN Aerospace is a global engineering
business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the
world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design,
manufacture and service systems and components for original
equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously
evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing
ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do. We are
looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members
with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in
what they do. Job Summary Perform analysis, drive continuous
improvement projects, define methodology / standard work, manage
and monitor performance in the area of logistics and material flow
at site level. The role can cover the following (all or partially):
Inbound / Receiving, internal material movements, warehousing,
outbound / shipping, freight/transport management, cycle counting,
inventory management, transactional activities, packaging. Job
Responsibilities * Maintains a schedule of inbound and outbound
* Organizes deliveries and shipments of material.
* Greets truck and arranges for incoming material unload and
* Gathers appropriate incoming raw material paperwork and receives
* Informs Quality personnel that incoming production material is
ready for Quality review.
* Assist with managing scrap dealers for pickup of scrap and
delivery of tubs. Also arranges delivery of tubs to and from
* Reviews and assures scrap tub manifest and tally sheets are
accurate. Audits as required.
* Assures all other incoming freight is received into system and
has required paperwork.
* Receive and verify incoming raw material or products against
invoices, PO's or other records into MRP system.
* Examine and unpack incoming shipments; ensure they meet
specifications and record issues.
* Ensure that all documents and material received in the warehouse
are of satisfactory quality.
* Handle all receiving administrative duties in a timely
* Develop and maintain a filing system for record keeping.
* Route items to various departments when received in with ATTN
* Represent the receiving department in production meetings to
ensure the proper communication of receivables and to understand
* Cooperate with representatives from other departments in the
organization to provide warehouse information as requested.
* Perform regular material warehouse audits to ensure that material
is undamaged and maintained neatly throughout the warehouse.
* Safely utilize forklifts/power jacks to move warehouse materials
according to proper safety instructions and as directed.
* Assist in expediting subcontractor deliveries.
* General misc. customer and vendor correspondence.
* Pack and repack product for subcontractors.
* Takes ownership for assigned area keeping it organized and
* All other duties as assigned Job Qualifications Required
Qualifications * High School Diploma
* 2 years' experience working in manufacturing logistics or
* Must be able to perform work subject to ITAR/EAR regulations
and/or program requirements. Preferred Qualifications: * GKN
* Strong computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Ability to confront problems and resolve conflicts or facilitate
* Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is
* Takes initiative to streamline tasks and balance priorities,
multi-task, and work with cross-functional teams and leaders in a
* Strong communication, project and time management skills.
* Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple
projects/issues, and stay focused.
* Sound judgement and strong problem solving skills. .
* Experience with SAP or other MRP system.
* Self-starter, takes initiative, makes decisions as
* Experience of the Aerospace industry. Diversity Inclusion and
Belonging (DIB) As a global engineering company, innovation is what
differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our
success. A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring
new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different
backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark
originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the
world. GKN is an equal opportunity employer. We treat all our
employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that
there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or
qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. Nearest Major Market: Muncie Nearest Secondary
Keywords: GKN Aerospace Services, Muncie , Shipping and Receiving - Muncie, IN, Professions , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!