Patient Care Technician OP Infusion
Company: Indiana University Health
Posted on: November 15, 2022
As a bedside caregiver, IU Health is seeking a Patient Care
Technician (also known as a Patient Care Assistant or PCA) who will
provide a phenomenal patient experience by anticipating the needs
of patients such as providing drinks, assisting with meal ordering,
encouraging walking, assisting with baths, and providing clean
linens and gowns.
Our PCA's have compassion for our patients, a caring bedside
manner, and an ability to work in a fast paced environment. They
will provide clinical assistance to the bedside RN by obtaining
vital signs and reporting abnormalities or changes in a patient's
behavior to the primary RN or charge nurse in order to detect and
provide rapid treatment. A PCA always keeps patients safe by
utilizing safety measures such as gait belts, bed and chair alarms,
and staying within arm's reach of patients when moving around. If
you are seeking a role where you can provide meaningful care to IU
Health patients, we want to hear from you.
As part of an award winning hospital system, our roles include:
- Outstanding benefit package for part time and full time
- Competitive pay
- Development opportunities & tuition reimbursement
Apply teamwork. Apply experience. Apply skill. Apply yourself. And
together we can change everything.
- Requires current Basic Life Support certification through the
AHA or attainment at the completion of the IU Health PCA education
program. Other advanced life support certifications may be required
per unit/department specialty according to patient care
- Requires knowledge of care appropriate to the age and
developmental level of the patients served.
- Requires up to date knowledge of procedures and standards
related to patient care activities.
- Requires proficiency in interpersonal and communication
- Requires constant mental awareness and the ability to withstand
a high level of tension and stress.
- Requires ability to maintain concentration when subjected to
frequent and varied interruptions and variable noise levels.
- Requires ability to exercise judgment and initiative in the
resolution of problems encountered.
- Requires ability to set priorities and manage a high workload
within a limited time for completion.
- Requires knowledge of procedures; equipment; software and
standards related to patient care activities that non-licensed role
performs (for example PCA/PCR/PCI).
- Requires knowledge of principles of infection control.
- Requires ability to perform physically demanding; repetitious
- Requires ability to read and perform basic math.
- Requires ability to organize tasks and attend to details.
- Requires knowledge of principles of good personal hygiene and
aseptic techniques to prevent infection of patients; self; and
others. REQNUMBER: 341245
Keywords: Indiana University Health, Muncie , Patient Care Technician OP Infusion, Professions , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!