Mobile Maintenance Supervisor
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: February 12, 2024
OverviewOne of Muncie's long-standing companies is hiring!
Element is one of the leading Battery Recycling facilities in the
country and has been a mainstay in the Muncie community for over 30
years. Did you know that batteries are the most recycled product in
the world with a more than 99 percent recycling rate? Element
provides an essential supply of recycled products to America's
battery manufacturers to produce high quality, top performing
batteries to power cars, trucks and forklifts, which are vital to
keeping our country's supply chain running.The position is
responsible for supervising the service, troubleshooting, and
repair of a wide range of mobile equipment in a demanding work
environment. The successful candidate must have knowledge of
diesel, gas, and propane engines as well as the ability to
troubleshoot and repair electrical and hydraulic
- Perform routine PM Service on various types of mobile equipment
from fork trucks to front end loaders.
- Oversee Troubleshooting and repair of mobile equipment to
include electrical systems, hydraulic systems, and engines (diesel,
- Identify safety issues on equipment
- Discuss defective/unacceptable parts and services with vendors
to determine source of problem
- Order parts required for equipment repair.
- Maintain proper spare parts inventory. Qualifications
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal
- High school education or GED required.
- A minimum of one ASE certification preferred (Truck Equipment
Installation and repair; Electrical/Electronic Systems Installation
and Repair; Auxiliary Power Systems Installation and Repair).
- Knowledge of hydraulic system operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Capable of reading and understanding equipment manuals and blue
- Skilled in the operation of measurement tools including: tape
measure; micrometers; snap gauges; etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs
- Experience in inventory management.
- Indiana driver's license.
- Experience with Maintenance Software MP2 a plus. LANGUAGE
- Ability to communicate with employees that are not
knowledgeable on troubleshooting mobile equipment.
- Ability to communicate with vendors to order parts.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating &maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be
frequently exposed to fumes, dust, airborne particles, and extreme
heat and humidity.
- While much work will be performed in an office setting,
significant time will be required in the manufacturing facility,
where additional exposure is likely.
- Noise levels in the manufacturing facility are usually
- All employees are required to wear full face respirators inside
the manufacturing facility.
- Qualified candidates must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend,
and climb with minimal effort. EEO StatementElement Resources is an
equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are
considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
basis prohibited by law.About StatementElement Resources () is one
of the largest battery recycling companies in the United States.
Recycling recovers 99% of all lead received at our recycling
centers. Every year we recycle millions of pounds of lead and
recover and neutralize millions of gallons of sulfuric acid. Our
robust, highly controlled recycling process is a critical part of
our commitment to environmental sustainability.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Muncie , Mobile Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!