Maintenance Group Leader
Company: North American Stamping Group - NASG
Posted on: January 8, 2019
Job Description GENERAL SUMMARYDirects Team Leaders and/or Technicians in assigned department area in the execution of the group’s responsibilities. Support the manufacturing areas and maintain the overall Total Quality Production System with a focus on minimizing down time, increasing productivity, and coordinating preventative maintenance activities. Manages group as an operational unit and responsible to accomplish company goals and targets in accordance with all company policies, maintenance standards and methods, and standards for safety, quality, productivity, cost reduction, housekeeping, efficiency, training, teamwork, and morale.Education:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Industrial Technology, or related field preferred.
- Skilled Trades Journeyman status or certification from trade school, technical college, or apprenticeship preferred.Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years to five (5) years of relevant maintenance experience with progressing level of responsibility, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in maintenance and repair operations associated with electrical systems, electronics, fabrication, hydraulics, mechanical drives, pneumatics, robotics, stamping, tooling, welding, assembly and conveyor systems, and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming and troubleshooting.
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience.
- Automotive industry experience preferred.Training:
- Must be willing to successfully complete and use training for the items below:
- Machines, tools, tooling, equipment, and other motorized or maintenance related equipment (e.g., cranes, lift trucks, etc.).
- Cross training for leading other plant support departments.
- RCRA and DOT hazardous waste requirements, and pass certification.
- Computer-based software, applications, and systems.Personal/Technical Skills:
- Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving and resolution.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.
- Must have a good working knowledge of industrial technology.
- Ability to work with multiple departments and prioritize activities.
- Ability to work with a dynamic team and demanding customer(s).
- Ability to maintain on call flexibility to control abnormal conditions.
- Ability to plan, supervise, and perform functions of assigned areas.
- Ability to be flexible in a constantly changing production environment.
- Active listener with effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to diagnose problems for true root cause and implement effective countermeasures.Personal/Technical Skills cont:
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job functions of a leadership role.
- Ability to adapt available skills and equipment to respond to unforeseen demands and/or problems.
- Must be able to multi-task, handle diversity, and provide leadership through problem resolution.
- Working knowledge of shop mathematics and the use of a variety of measuring devices and instruments.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization in a team environment.
- Ability to implement plans to control and maintain safety, quality, 5S, cost, and efficiency for assigned areas.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, drawings, specifications, and technical instruction manuals.
- Strong organization, time management, and planning skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Ability to troubleshoot and track equipment issues to perform root cause analysis and correct issues with equipment suppliers.
- Must be able to work in a multi-skilled environment with maintenance aptitude to learn skilled trades other than area of expertise.
- General understanding and working knowledge of manufacturing and assembly equipment and tooling including design, automation, robotics.
- Thorough understanding of company product, trade terminology, maintenance and repair operations, manufacturing processes, and machine/equipment operation.
- General understanding and working knowledge of skill areas including electrical, electronics, fabrication, hydraulics, mechanical drives, pneumatics, robotics, stamping, welding, assembly and conveyor systems, and PLC programming.Computer/Software:
- Previous experience working with integrated computer programs and/or applications. ERP system experience (e.g., Shopedge) preferred.
- Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, etc.).
Keywords: North American Stamping Group - NASG, Muncie , Maintenance Group Leader, Professions , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!