Stihl Outdoor Equipment Sales & Dept Head
Company: Gillman Home Center
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Stihl Outdoor Equipment Sales & Department Head position is
responsible for providing accurate product knowledge, quality and
excellent customer service to customers.Essential Functions:
- Provide excellent service to customers.
- Treat all team members, vendors, and customers with courtesy
- Greet and assist customers in a positive, approachable manner.
Answer questions and resolve customer concerns. Advise customers on
solutions to projects and problems. Offer solutions with add on
sales when appropriate.
- Sell Stihl brand outdoor power equipment.
- Make sure Stihl warranty paperwork is completed and registered
in the system.
- When Stihl equipment is brought in for repair, make sure proper
warranty protocol is followed, if applicable.
- Help trouble shoot Stihl equipment issues and order parts as
- Perform any necessary customer service tasks including but not
limited to; cutting keys, filling propane, running register,
assisting with rental transactions, etc.
- Provide services to customers at point of sale, including, but
not limited to; running register, bagging items, assist with
loading products, answering inquiries, etc.
- Recover department daily ensuring; inventory is fronted, faced
and in correct place, aisles are clean, organized and free of
- Responsible for making sure all products in the department are
- Maintain proper inventory levels by monitoring and adjusting
min / max order points, working back stock and making inventory
adjustments as needed. Order inventory as necessary, and complete
purchase orders and other related paperwork.
- Complete cycle counts as required.
- Update prices as assigned.
- Opening and closing store as assigned.
- Store maintenance as needed including but not limited to;
cleaning common areas, trash removal, parking lot and sidewalk
sweeping, and snow removal.
- Always continue to make customers a priority while working your
- Ensure a safe working environment. Maintain situational
awareness. Identify and report any safety issues or concerns to
- Help out in other departments as necessary.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.Supervisory Responsibility: This
position does not currently manage any direct employees.Work
- Customer Service
- Attention to detail
- CommunicationPhysical Demands:The ideal candidate must be able
to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking throughout the
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs at times.Position Type and
Expected Hours of Work:This is a full-time position. Days and hours
of work vary. Must be available to work days, evenings and
weekends.Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- 1+ years of retail job experience
- 2+ years of product knowledge of items in assigned
- Stihl Outdoor Equipment brand knowledge preferred.Benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability,
Cancer coverage, Accident Coverage, Life Insurance
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Free $15k Life Insurance Plan
- Employee discount
- Vacation timeGillman Home Center provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy,
gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national
origin, age, disability, genetic information, political
affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Please
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
Keywords: Gillman Home Center, Muncie , Stihl Outdoor Equipment Sales & Dept Head, Sales , Muncie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...